Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Mirena

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Mirena
I had my IUD placed in October and I had a small period in November and December but they were inconsistent in how long and when it started.  I am also currently breast feeding my 4 month old. My last period started Dec. 2 and went til Dec. 12 and I have not had a period in January yet...should I be worried? Could I be pregnant or is this normal?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the bleeding you are having is entirely consistent shortly after a Mirena IUD is inserted.  I always recomend a pregnancy test, whenever there is any doubt, but I suspect that you are fine.
Good luck!
Dr B