Birth Control (Contraception) Community
No Period then starting Birth control!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

No Period then starting Birth control!

I didnt have a period the month before i started taking birth control then I went to the doctor and they gave me Tri Previfem well i started on that sunday the following sunday i got my period! Will i have one during the placebo pills week as well?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Tri-Previfem is a combination oral contraceptive pill containing progestational compound norgestimate and the estrogenic compound ethinyl estradiol. It may be used to induce periods in women with menstrual irregularity. If you stop the pills your body responds to the removal of the hormones in the regular birth control pills and you experience withdrawal bleeding. You will have periods while on the sugar pills. Do visit a gynecologist for more queries and assistance. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!