Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Period after mirena removal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Period after mirena removal

I got my Mirena taken out june 21rst It is now July 4rth. Im probably paranoid i know its just been about 2 weeks but we want to start trying for another baby so i would like for my period to come so i can ovulate. I haven't had a period is 5 yrs! I got pregnant then got the mirena put in and my son is 4 now, and i never had one period while the mirena was in place. I have had slight spotting while wiping but thats all. I really dont want to wait months before having a period. How long did it take you you all to get your period after removal?
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
2165247_tn?1349303123
It took me one month. I got mine taken out in December and I was pregnant in January.
Blank
1527510_tn?1392304944
It can take at least 6 months to even a year for cycles to regulate after coming off birth control, especially if it's been as much as 5 years since you've had a period.
Blank
Did you have a period at all ? adjanaesmom
Blank
I'm just like your situation right now. I got mine out June 21 And I still don't have nothing. I've been spotting since then but nothing stronger. I hope my period gets here on time to start ttc.
Blank
its been 3 weeks tomorrow... since mine had been taken out! I'm starting to get very bad cramping.... Not sure if i should take a PG test or just see if i will get my period.. i think i will start to freak out if i dont get it after 4 weeks -6 weeks!
Blank
just want to give an update! i got my period a months and 3 days after removal. I bled very heavily for the first 3-4 days then the 5th day was normal and it stopped the 6th day... I've always had a regular period about every 28 days.. so I'm expecting mine to come again the 19th go aug. If I'm not pregnant :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank