Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Plan B? Yes or No?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Plan B? Yes or No?

This may be confusing

I am on Gianvi birth control and on the second week I missed a pill but made up for it the next day. Then the 2nd to last week of the pills I took a white inactive one to move my period but then decided that would screw up things and took a pink one. Then this week I came up to the 4 white pills but only had 3 since I took the white one a week earlier. So Wednesday I didn't take the white one since I didn't have it, and then Thursday (today) I had sex and he pulled out. I was nervous so afterwards I took an extra pink pill that I had then took a white one at the regular time. It usually takes me till Friday night or Saturday morning to get my period when I start my 4 inactive pills on Wednesday. But since I took a pink one Thursday, should I take my white pills Friday and Saturday then a pink on Sunday or not take the pink one till I get my period?
Or should I just get plan b tomorrow (Friday)?
And if I take plan b do I go on with my birth control as normal?

Thank you
Tags: pills, plan b, Pregnancy, help, Helping
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
You have messed up your schedule of pills and now it is difficult to say whether they will be effective. Hence you should allow your periods to start naturally. If periods don’t come then you can take a pregnancy test. Or when you get your normal periods then you can start on your pills schedule afresh. Pills need to be taken strictly as per instructions in order to be effective. Irregular taking of pills not only causes hormonal imbalance but also exposes you to the risk of pregnancy.
Hope this helps.