Please Help...

My girlfriend, 17, is just about to finish her second month of YAZ birth control. Every night, she takes her pill at 9:05 - 9:10 PM. Last night, she had a school homecoming dance, and forgot to take her pill because she did not get home until 11:00 PM, and pretty much just forgot. She went to sleep without taking that day's pill. Something in the middle of the night triggered her to wake up and realize just had missed the pill, and she took it at 3 AM. When I found out this morning, she seemed pretty upset because we had unprotected sex Thursday night. I told her it would be fine. She has never ever missed another pill and this one was only 6 hours late. I say only, but I honestly don't know how severe this is. If someone could give me some help that would be clutch. I don't plan on having sex with her again until she gets her next period but I can't have her pregnant obviously. This pill was the 6th to last pill in her 2nd month's pack. Please help.

DonTrivello
When you were together on Thursday- she had the pill in her body already- she didn't miss it until the next day correct?  If so, then you should be fine. Also, according to,
http://healthcenter.ucdavis.edu/topics/contraception/pill-missed.html - no back up contraceptive birth control is necessary.   There is always a chance of pregnancy no matter how much you try to prevent it.. I don't want to sound like a parent or anything but you must realize that when you have sex your partner might end up being pregnant.

Please let us know what you find out!