Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Should I be able to feel IUD at the back of my cervix beside the String...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Should I be able to feel IUD at the back of my cervix beside the Strings?

I have read so much about IUDs and i must say the information about it is rather scary. I had one inserted 5 months ago. Recently when I checked to feel my string, I felt a hard kind of outline of it at the back of my cervix. should i be able to feel it? I am Afraid that maybe its going through my walls and puncturing them and thats why i am able to feel it? Should I be worried? Is it normal that I should be able to feel it?
Blank
Hi there,
If you cannot feel the string, it always doesn't mean that the IUD has been expelled. It may happen sometimes that the string may be difficult to feel or has been pulled up into the cervical canal. You should consult a gynecologist and get examined. In few cases an ultrasound may be needed to locate the IUD.Do write to me again on how you are doing.
Best luck and regards!
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi there,
If you cannot feel the string, it always doesn't mean that the IUD has been expelled. It may happen sometimes that the string may be difficult to feel or has been pulled up into the cervical canal. You should consult a gynecologist and get examined. In few cases an ultrasound may be needed to locate the IUD.Do write to me again on how you are doing.
Best luck and regards!
Blank
Thank you so much for your response. Very helpful but I could still need a bit more info. I can actually feel my string but rather what I need to know is if I should be feeling anything else Beside the string. I was feeling for my string when I felt it ( as I usually do so no problem there) but then felt some kind of protrusion, Not through the cervix opening but at the back of it. I don't know if its easy for you to picture that. So that made me think that it was the IUD that i was feeling, part of it anyways. So should I be able to feel this? The IUD, I believe that is what it is. Please help. I hope there is nothing wrong.
Blank
I there I'm a 46 years old woman who is thinking of attempting to conceive.  Is this a lost cost at my age.  I have been diagnosed with oesteopenia(sp) I'm afraid of transmitting this to a new born provided that I can conceive to begin with.  Am I a lost cause in trying to conceive at this age?  Please advise
Blank
You are not a lost cause Noway.. Well I think you should go right ahead and have a baby if it will make you happy.. You deserve that. Dont stop living lifer and all the joys it has to bring because you are scared and have so many constraints.
It can be treated so you should go right ahead and have your baby.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...