Started new pack of Birthcontrol 12 hours late? Help me please?
Hello
I'm taking Ortho Novum 1/35 combined pill. Ive been on this birth control for about 2 years now. I started my pack on Tuesday (like normal) but I took the first pill 12-13 hours later than I should have. This was 4 days ago, and Ive been taking them at my normal time since then (so 3 pills since this happened) and this morning I was intimate. I'm a little worried now that starting this pack 12 hours late may decrease my effectiveness? Am I protected still? because I didn't miss a pill it was just late. And I'm concerned about this morning. So would starting my pack later than normal but on the same day make me unprotected? Please help if you have had a similar situation I'm kind of worried. Thankyou
Missing one contraceptive pill or delaying it for a few hours and taking it the next day provides protection and hence there are little chances that you will fall pregnant. However to be double sure, you can use condoms for some days while having intercourse.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.