Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Stopped Nuvaring, 5 weeks late but tests negative.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

I stopped using Nuvaring at the beginning of September because I ran out of refills. I then had a normal period at the beginning of October. Now it's December and I am 5 weeks late.
I have taken 5 otc pregnancy tests and had a blood test after being 2 weeks late. All tests are negative.

What is going on? Has anyone else had this happen?
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
Once a woman stops using the NuvaRing, it may take time for the body to adjust and return to the normal production of hormones. It is advisable to consult a health care specialist.If these irregular periods persist you may need evaluation for hormonal imbalances, thyroid disorders, ovulation problems etc.In that case a basic scan, hormonal assay may provide some information. Do keep me posted.
Take care and best luck!