Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
The Quick Start Method
About This Forum:

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

The Quick Start Method

Hey Guys! My name is Jessy. I'm 19. I would like 2 ask something. 2 Months back my gyn told me to use Qlaira. He told me to start the second day of my period because I went to see him on the day I started my menses. But unfortunately I couldn't start because the Pharmacist had to order my pills so I started 10 days after my menses started to avoid a "gap" after starting I read about the Quick start method and I wondered if it truly works if you start it later than the first day of menses. Obviousely you then have to use back up for the first month, which I did. Anybody used this method 2?
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the Quick Start method is entirely appropriate, and may even be better than the traditional method of starting on Sunday.  Most women didn't have irregular bleeding, but if you did/do have some breakthrough bleeding, no worries.  Using the back up method is important because of the risk of pregnancy until the body has "adjusted" .  Sounds like you did everything right!
Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker