YAZ period switch
I take YAZ and I have one week left of my current pack (3 pink active pills and 4 white placebos). The day after my period starts next month (my next period) is the day my boyfriend comes home from a 5 month stay out of country. Basically the timeline is I will get my period the 13th of this month and then the 10th of next, the 10th being the day he comes back. Clearly I do not want to get my period then. So I want to know what the best course of action should be? Should I continue a new pack this month? Or, wait a week then start another pack? Or, wait until next month to do the continuation of active pill taking?  Basically, what is the safest way to go about changing my schedule so that I don't have to worry about getting my period when I see him again.
Hi there,
If a woman does not want periods it is best to continue taking the pills without any interruption. You may take the next pill pack without interrupting the cycle. You may take pills this month as advised. Once you stop taking the pills you will get your periods. It is not recommended to do so for more than 2-3 cycles as it can lead to hormonal imbalances. It is best to see a gynecologist and discuss your queries before doing so since she knows your medical records best. This is merely an advice and not a substitute for clinical examination. For more queries and assistance visit your gynecologist. Hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!