Birth Control (Contraception) Community
has anyone gotten pregnant on nuva ring?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

My daughter is 6 weeks old. My doctor put me on the nuva ring (she didnt want me on the pill, since I got pregnant with my daughter and a miscarriage on it, even though I took it at the same time everyday) Is it normal to have some cramping with the ring? Has anyone gotten pregnant on the ring? Since my daughter is so young I havent had a period yet and I dont take the ring out for 2 more weeks.
I tried the nuva ring for literally 10 minutes and I hated it.  It felt uncomfortable.  Anyway, is it possible its to high? You can take it out and reinsert it so that it's more comfortable.  Maybe it'll make your cramps stop.
I just started the nuva ring a week ago.  It doesnt bother me but I've been having pregnancy like symptoms./  I assume it's my body's hormones adjusting... I gave birth 7 weeks ago...
I also havent had a period yet.  I don't think it's likely to get pregnant on the ring... I agree with newbie that you could try reinserting it.  i had to do that a couple of times before I found a comfortable way to wear it.  
I'm also on the nuva ring.My baby is 11 wks.No problem.This is my 2nd month.Before I got pregnant with Juliana I was using the nuva ring for 2 YRS! Never had a problem.It is uncomfortable if not inserted correctly & there are some symptoms for the first month.My body is used to it already & I love it.Been on the pill,depo,EVERYTHING & this is the one I'm sticking with..lol.

I also had pregnancy symptoms like nausea,headaches & cramping.But all normal.I would not suggest taking it out for more than 3 hrs.And it being 'to high' has nothing to do with the cramping.Hope you feel better.
you are putting it in for 3 weeks and taking it out on the 4th week...right? just checking. I was on it for 3 months and stopped because my husband was getting a vasectomy. I never had any problems at all. You may want to check with your dr. That maybe shouldn't be happening and you may need a new form of birth control.
If your having problems inserting the ring use a tampon abdicator it goes in perfect every time .
yes my cousin's wife was on nuva ring when she found out she was pregnant
I got pregnant on the nuva ring. I had a miscarriage and went on the ring 2 weeks after the MC. 7 weeks after the MC I found out I was pregnant again. I also have become pregnant on BC as well and the day after pill.
I started using Nuvaring in Feb. of this year. My partner and I also used condoms with it. Then on April 3rd, we opted not to use the condom and he came in me. I told him I was on birth control and that it should be fine.
In the last two weeks my appetite has increased tremendously. I seemed to have gained weight in the last few days. My stomach is really bloated, my breast are swore, I pee a lot during the night, my sense of smell has gotten very sensitive, and this hunger pains just won't go away! I am freaking out! I didn't feel any of these symptoms a couple of months ago when I started Nuvaring.. They just started about a week ago.
I also haven't had a real period. I went to see the doctor on Friday and told her my periods are just spotting. She said that was a side effect of the Nuvaring. I am going crazy wondering if I could be pregnant.
I'm due for my period on May 13th. Has anyone felt the way I'm feeling while on Nuvaring?
I have been on the ring for 4 months now I have had all the pregnancy symptoms I also looked up the rings symptoms there are about 20 + and I have most of them I Wana say like 18 of them I have missed two periods now and spotting here and there I'm only 17 I am sexually active and I don't know if I'm pregnant or not I really can't tell being on the ring I'm thinking about talking to my doctor to find me something better
I started the nuvaring three weeks ago.
I've been very nauseous, cramping, breasts enlargement, dizzy, irritable, i'm hungry all the time, if i don't eat my stomach starts killing me. I've never had that problem before. I'm 16 years old, i got pregnant when i was 15 and had a miscarriage. So i know what it's like to be pregnant and i feel like i am again. I don't have the money to go get a pregnancy test or anything. So i was just wondering if anyone's body felt like they were pregnant while being on the nuvaring. I realize in the first month your body is adjusting to the hormones and stuff but i just can't take that risk.
YES! It will fool you...to where you KNOW you are pregnant.  Happened twice to me.  Just relax.  Both times, I was shocked to find that I was not pregnant.  Be sure to follow the directions, however, of putting in at the same regular time each month.
welll duh its uncomfortable for the first ten minutes, it takes more than that to bend to the shape of your vagina
I have been on Nuvaring for 6 months now. I love it. When I first started using it it gave me uti (s) all the time.  I had pregnancy symptoms like feeling bloated and a few headaches and having to pee AAALLLL the time and right then and there, can't wait, kinda thing.  Now I don't have problems with UTIs.  My boobs got HUGE on the nuvaring (not a bad thing ;)). I went from a 32D to a 32DD.  CRAZY but my boyfriend loves it.  Yes the Nuvaring will trick you into thinking you are pregnant. I thought multiple times I was but I took tests and never was.  I have a hard time pushing the ring in all the way so my boyfriend pushes it up all the way for me. It can be a little but uncomfortable if it's not in all the way and sometimes it slips downs a bit (not out though) and that's uncomfortable too. As long as it is pushed up all the way then you don't even feel it in there.  My boyfriend does feel it when we have sex but it doesn't bother him.  It has only slipped out once during sex but we put it right back in and just laughed about it.  I do the alternative (extended cycle) version. I put it in for four weeks and don't have a week with it out. I just put another ring in right away.  I do this for four cycles. after the fourth cycle of four weeks I take the ring out for a week.  Then after the week I put another ring in. Basically I have 3 to 4 periods a year. And I know some people are skeptical of this because it's "unhealthy" to not have a period but that's not so.  Because of the hormones from the ring there is no uterine liner building up so you have nothing to get rid of.  When you take the ring out it take a few days for the liner to build up and then you have a light period.
Yes am going through dat nw
I'm hoping for some guidance! I've been on the Nuva Ring for a year and initially had all the pregnancy symptoms, but wasn't...haven't had any symptoms since then until now, a year later. Took a pregnancy test and it was negative, but I haven't missed a period just yet, it's due next week, but have had sore breasts for two weeks and am constantly hungry, fatigued. Has anyone ever tested on the Nuva Ring and it came out negative, but then after removing it, had a positive test result?? It's all I can think about. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks ladies :)