Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
is taking birth control pills effective for women with irregular period...

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

is taking birth control pills effective for women with irregular period?

i'm 21 and my cycle is about 34 or 35 days. can i take pills even if they are by cycles of 28? is there a specific day on which to start every set of pills?
Hi!
Taking oral contraceptives will usually change the cycle to every 28 days.   I will often recommend that that my patients start their first pack on the Sunday during their period or immediately following their period.  That way we don't risk taking the pill when they are pregnant.  Once you have started the pill you just continue the with the next  pack right after you finish the last--so you would be starting a new pack every 28 days.
Hope that makes sense to you!
Dr B
thanks Dr. B! that's the kind of answer i was waiting for. :)
Hi. A have the pack with 21 pills and after i finish them , i make a break for 7 days while the cycle is coming. Then, i start the next pack on the eight day....it's ok. Thank you, have a nice day!