Birth Control (Contraception) Community
micronor / nora-be irregular periods

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

micronor / nora-be irregular periods

Hi. I've been on the mini pill for about 2 years. Switched from regular bcp due to migraines.

For the last 6 months I have had periods only 14 days apart, each lasting 4-5 days.  One is usually heavier than the other.

Could my pill be the problem?  Is this anything to be concerned about?

Thanks for your response!
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
It may be difficult to determine whether this irregular bleeding is due to hormonal imbalances due to switching over of the pills or some other cause. It is a possibility that it is due to hormonal fluctuations. It may take 1-2 months for your periods to normalize. In case this problem persists seeking medical help is important. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
Avatar n tn
To clarify, I haven't switched bcp recently. Have been on micronor for 2 years.  Irregular periods started 6 months ago.