Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
mirena

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

mirena

I had my mirena for a little less than 2 years, got rid of it cause it caused me to gain weight, which now results in my high blood pressure. Anyways, had it removed January 27, its march 9th, I had no bleeding, other than twice during pregnancy whole different thing, so its been since 2010 since I lve had a period. I had no bleeding day of removal, no bleeding since removal. I've seen on here and other places as well of women bleeding day of or day after removal. Basically why arnt I bleeding? I know it takes 3 months for the hormones to leave your body and all but even seriously not day if or day after was there any sign of bleeding. And only sex I've had is with a condom. Please help any advice at all....
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would ask you to contact me if you had not had any bleeding after three months.  I would suggest a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy and then a provera challenge test to see if we could start your period for you.
Probably not a bad idea to contact your doctor now.
Good luck!
Dr B
Also there is now pressure on my uterus it seems like. Almost a sensation like its full? Idk that's the best I can describe it its been like that for a few days and also my breasts are getting sore and sensitive.