Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
mirena
About This Forum:

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

mirena

I had my mirena for a little less than 2 years, got rid of it cause it caused me to gain weight, which now results in my high blood pressure. Anyways, had it removed January 27, its march 9th, I had no bleeding, other than twice during pregnancy whole different thing, so its been since 2010 since I lve had a period. I had no bleeding day of removal, no bleeding since removal. I've seen on here and other places as well of women bleeding day of or day after removal. Basically why arnt I bleeding? I know it takes 3 months for the hormones to leave your body and all but even seriously not day if or day after was there any sign of bleeding. And only sex I've had is with a condom. Please help any advice at all....
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would ask you to contact me if you had not had any bleeding after three months.  I would suggest a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy and then a provera challenge test to see if we could start your period for you.
Probably not a bad idea to contact your doctor now.
Good luck!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
Also there is now pressure on my uterus it seems like. Almost a sensation like its full? Idk that's the best I can describe it its been like that for a few days and also my breasts are getting sore and sensitive.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank