Birth Control (Contraception) Community
nexplanon side effects>!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

nexplanon side effects>!

I had the implant fitted 6 days ago.
It's already playing up! There is limited birth control I can go on, I can't go on the combined pill and the only mini pill i can go on is cerazette, Which I tried and I was so depressed on it and I put on so much weight, so, I came off it.

I then went on the depo shot, even worse came off that. My GP adivsed me to get a non-hormonal method so I went to a family planning clinic and she said to me that I should give the implant a go, I was abit skeptical about it but went ahead because I obviously don't want to get pregnant atm.

3 days into the implant, all I'm doing is eating, I can't stop myself. My moods have been up and down for the past week and I'm crying at everything now I have extreemely sore nipples... (I'm not pregnant, had a pregnancy test just before i got implant fitted)
Has this happened to anyone so soon into getting it fitted, & what did you do???
I had similar symptoms with the implant as in crying at nothing and mood swings, the reason I got the rod was because they were the same symptoms i was getting on the pill (no matter what brand). The biggest reason I got the implanon rod removed was because I had ABSOLUTELY NO sex drive! So I've been suggested to get a diaphragm but I don't like the idea of that so we are just using condoms!