Bone Cancer Community
Growth on bone. Need help.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bone cancer, including bone tumors, osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma.

Growth on bone. Need help.

My mohther has growth(bump) on clavicle (5-6 cm).
He feels occasional pain (short, weak).
Please help me and Tell me what you think about it. I am very frightened. She has a CT scheduled later this month. So please tell me what can I expect from it.

Thank you, if your interested in something else, ask.
Is anybody here who can help me? Please i need response.
Try not to stress.  The scheduled CT scan will help assess if it something to worry about.  It may be just a benign bone cyst.  I hope this helps calm you.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. The bump could be due to many causes. It could be a cyst, as mentioned. It could also be a healed fracture, which is more common with osteoporosis. It could also be due to infection of the bone. If there is accompanying swelling, redness, discharge and fever it is most probably an infection. It could sometimes be due to benign or malignant tumors. A CT scan may help diagnose, but only a biopsy is confirmatory.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.