Pain in elbow, needs help!
Hi, I am new to this forum. Hoping that someone can help me figure out what is happening in my right elbow. It started last November when accidentally bumped my elbow to the hard metal handle of my room door. There was no bruises or change of color on the affected area but it was painful when you touch it. After few weeks I still exeperienced dull pain on the affected area. No swelling at all. The whole month of December, I did not exeperience any pain at all. But late January of 2013, it started again the dull pain that at night I have to put Salonpas on it to ease the pain and it helps. I asked some of my friends to touch my elbow and helped me figure out if there is swelling, as I was paranoid already. All of them said that NO SWELLING. I used much my right arm compare to the left in doing things. Anybody can help me figure out what is this? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Do I need to visits the Dr. asap?

Etts
Elbow pain can be caused by tendinitis, bursitis, tennis elbow etc .If the force of impact was high it can cause soft tissues to stretch considerably, resulting in significant damage. These soft tissue injuries cannot be detected using X-rays, so they are more difficult to diagnose than hard tissue injuries .In such injuries where there is damage to the tendons or ligaments a person will not experience symptoms for hours to few days after the injury. It is best to see an orthopaedician and get checked. A clinical examination is extremely important.
Best wishes and regards!