Bone Cancer Community
bone like bump under the skin on my forhead

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bone cancer, including bone tumors, osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma.

hi there im a 26 yr old f and for arond 4-5 YEARS ive a had a bony bump in the middle of my forehead under the skin i dont have any other symptoms but it has seemed to grow slightly as its a little more noticable espically if im in the sun or bright lights , im usually in good health other wise im just wondering if any one can give me an idea of what it could be or how to get rid of it or is it a cancer?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

As the swelling has been for 3-4 years, its unlikely to be due to bone cancer. The ‘bump could be due to other benign tumors of the bone. Sometimes it could be a sebaceous cyst or a lipoma. Only a consultation with your primary care physician can help diagnose.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.