Anxiety with BPD
I have been recently diagnosed with BPD along with Generalized Anxiety and I am currently under a psychiatrist and a psychologist care.  I have been having problems with my anxiety having these symptoms continously everyday and was wondering if anyone else also has these issues.  I have lost 4 jobs in the past 3 years not able to hold down responsibilities as having fears and phobias while working.  Can anyone tell me if these symptoms go along with BPD?  I am currently taking Doxepin 100 mg and Trazodone 100 mg for depression and anxiety.  Oh yes, I am having fatigue also during the daytime from the meds.  I also am experiencing bad dreams at night.
I have been diagnosed with both.
Anxiety is a huge part of bpd, in my experience.  A T told me that this was because I had a fragmented internal world (where things are spilt into both good and bad and not integrated -have trouble viewing something as both good and bad).

If the side-effects from the meds are bothering you then you should consider discussing them with your psychologist or psychiatrist.  The bad dreams could be a result of the meds too but you would need to double check that with your doctor.

Anxiety can also leave one feeling exhausted.

It is common for people with bpd to not complete things.  This can include education and employment opportunities.  I think this has to do with intense emotions and delayed gratification (difficulty working towards long-term goals).  This can also represent identity issues.

People with bpd often experience depression too.
Just a thought but you could try looking up the dsm-iv for borderline personality disorder.  Might be helpful.
Thanks for your input.  Yes I have looked the info up on BPD and feel that this anxiety may go right along with it.  So what are your symptoms like with your BPD?  I am currently in therapy for it as I found a job in my field but still am having a hard time with it along with phobias.  I really wanted to ask this same question to a mental health professional on this website, but it would cost me so I posted my question here........thanks again.
It's free to ask the question on the mood disorders expert forum.  The forum is run by a psychiatrist.  I don't like the new expert on the mental health expert forum charging for the service.  Many other experts here at medhelp don't.

I think for bpd:
-a reactive mood.  I can sometimes over-react to comments or events.  I think that this is driven by anger and frustration.  It usually only happens when I'm feeling extremely stressed and /or anxious.
-I have identity issues.  I'm not sure what I want to be doing with my life in terms of vocation.  I have body image and weight issues.
-I have issues with impulse control.  When I'm extremely stressed I can speed or spend my money.
-I have problems communicating with others.  I get anxious and don't know what to say or don't know how to say it.
-I have problems following through with things.  With sport I will struggle to exercise on a consistent basis, despite enjoying sport.
-I have mood and anxiety issues.  severe depression and severe anxiety.
-I am sensitive to criticism and probably rejection.
-For me I don't trust people and don't like people touching me.
-Safety issues has been a big one for me.

It all seems never-ending sometimes.

I found some good info about defense mechanisms on an eating disorders website.  I'd be guessing at the address: eatingdisorders.co.za.  The website has been changed so not sure if it contains the same info.

Try the mood disorders expert forum.
ptsd or complex-ptsd are also other possible options.