It's looking more and more like BPD
I've done a lot of reading on the subject, and I fit the criteria for BPD to a T. I've already been diagnosed with several of the comorbid conditions. I will be talking to my doctor to see what he thinks.

It's almost like a relief if it's true. I've been so down about how life and relationships are going. Maybe therapy and medication will help me be more like the old me, even better than the old me. I'm actually feelingoptimistic for the first time in months, maybe years :)
So today I'm not feeling so optimistic. I'm confused. I'm going to my first appointment with a new doctor in the morning, and I've had a couple of panic attacks today. That happens when I think about an upcoming doctor appointment.
How have things went since the doctors appointment? I was just diagnosed at the end of last year and I felt like it was a relief to finally find a thorough explanation of what I had dealt with my whole life. Getting diagnosed is a huge step in the right direction. I understand the feeling of panic. I still deal with a lot of anxiety and depression myself despite being in therapy and doing really well at this point in most areas of my life. I'd like to know how things are going for you, and I'm hoping for the best because having BPD is pretty challenging to say the least! :)
Hi hunny.  I taking it that you have had your Dr's appointmnent by now and hopefully you have gleened a little bit of positive hope for a way forward.  Whether or not your suspecions have been verified probably are not known at this point, it takes a lot more than one appointment to have a diagnosis of this serious disorder.  If it throws any light on the subject it's taken 30 long years for me to obtain a firm diagnosis but yes, as I think I saw you say on a previous post, it's a huge relief to be officially diagnosed.  My reason for saying this is without official diagnosis there is practically NO HOPE of being offered either therepy or medication or if you are very lucky (and luck does come into it) you will be offered a trial period of both, though in many area's therepy is very difficult to come by - mainly because of funding.  BPD is still quite some way down on the list of therepy like DBT/CBT or even better the reletivly new wonderful STEPPS therepy especially designed for BPD.  I am at last, along with excellent medication, being treated by DBT/STEPPS type therepy and progress is good, very good and thats after a lifetime of hospitalisations, severe depression, severe eating disorders, alchol probs and suacide attempts.  Your panic attacks are very normal hun, it's all new ground and causes anxiety when you don't know what to expect.  Try to remain calm and kinda go with the flow for the time being.  Hopefully if you need referal it will be arranged and the help you need will be there.  I honestly don't believe anyone can deal with BPD alone, yes I did for 30 years but the personal cost to myself and my family has been enormous with a great deal of phyical damage to myself.  Therefore I wish you well, a lot of good luck and if at any stage you don't think you are getting the help you really require, please please speak up or change your Dr.  Your life is in your own hands here so you can't afford to be ''palmed off'' with anything less than ''the best available''.  Do come back and tell us how you get on.  HUGS.  xxx