ephedrine
my question is this i use ephedrine on a daily basis on and off for 20 years.when not takeing the ephedrine i took carbanzipne 500 mg a day i was suppose to take a thousand but found it made me tired.i never took ephedrine well takeing the carbanzipne.My question is this, i find personaly that thee ephedrine keeps me leveled and im wondering is there any research to indicate benefits of ephedrine and mental illness?Im not saying everyone take ephedrine i do fully understand the risk associated with ephedrine.Im wondering if i could find a medication that would give the same benefits as ephedrine for bpd.I am a very curious person and i often wonder why ephedrine calms me and keeps me focused.
I honestly don't know. Perhaps in the same manner Ritalin (which should be noted is an amphetamine) works on adhd. I would speak to a psychiatrist about it and ask about a prescription that would work and is approved for that usage. Ephedrine is not safe for long term use and not approved or researched for that basis. Tegretol has a fair amount of side effects. There are many other mood stabilizers. Google "Depression Central" (for all mood stabilizers) and:
http://www.psycheducation.org/depression/meds/moodstabilizers.htm
Thank you so much for your replie and im on my way to google links again ty
I have BPD and for the last year have been prescribed ritilin at 40mg per day. All the other meds, including MAOIs didn't work. I also take ephedra, most days. It lifts my mood but I have monthly blood pressure tests. I got addicted 2 red bull for awhile- bad for my mental health as I started shaking & was unable 2 sleep. Talk 2 ur Dr. But it requires you 2 be assertive. For me, asking nicely did not work