849279 tn?1242825731
ephedrine
my question is this i use ephedrine on a daily basis on and off for 20 years.when not takeing the ephedrine i took carbanzipne 500 mg a day i was suppose to take a thousand but found it made me tired.i never took ephedrine well takeing the carbanzipne.My question is this, i find personaly that thee ephedrine keeps me leveled and im wondering is there any research to indicate benefits of ephedrine and mental illness?Im not saying everyone take ephedrine i do fully understand the risk associated with ephedrine.Im wondering if i could find a medication that would give the same benefits as ephedrine for bpd.I am a very curious person and i often wonder why ephedrine calms me and keeps me focused.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
585414 tn?1288944902
I honestly don't know. Perhaps in the same manner Ritalin (which should be noted is an amphetamine) works on adhd. I would speak to a psychiatrist about it and ask about a prescription that would work and is approved for that usage. Ephedrine is not safe for long term use and not approved or researched for that basis. Tegretol has a fair amount of side effects. There are many other mood stabilizers. Google "Depression Central" (for all mood stabilizers) and:
http://www.psycheducation.org/depression/meds/moodstabilizers.htm
Comment
Cancel
585414 tn?1288944902
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
849279 tn?1242825731
Thank you so much for your replie and im on my way to google links again ty
Comment
Cancel
849279 tn?1242825731
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I have BPD and for the last year have been prescribed ritilin at 40mg per day. All the other meds, including MAOIs didn't work. I also take ephedra, most days. It lifts my mood but I have monthly blood pressure tests. I got addicted 2 red bull for awhile- bad for my mental health as I started shaking & was unable 2 sleep. Talk 2 ur Dr. But it requires you 2 be assertive. For me, asking nicely did not work
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
849279 tn?1242825731
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Borderline Personality Disorder Community Resources