Brain & Body Fitness Expert Forum
Dizzy, blury vision, loss hearing...and more

Welcome to the Brain and Body Fitness Forum: Where Neuroscience Meets Physical Training. This forum is for questions, support and advice related to how the brain controls your body through motor and sensory networks. This forum will provide information related to motor function, sensory networks, balance, coordination and physical training.

Ok, I am nineteen and this has happened to me several times for the last few years.
What happens is I get these random dizzy spells, it has happened to me standing up, sitting down and even laying down. It happens suddenly. First my head gets real heavy like its hard for me to hold up, then my ears start buzzing, the whole room starts spinning, then it's like my body gets numb, I can't feel anything, then I loose my sight..everything gets so blury I can't se my own hands, I soon completely loose hearing..this lasts anywheres from 5-10 minutes...when I finally get out of it I am covered in sweat. Twice I have actually passed out an completely lost consciousness, one of those times I was hospitalized for an Iv to re-hydrate me, but every time I go to the doctor for this they have a completely different answer and sometimes no answer...any ideas?
Tags: low blood pressure, lack or iron, dizzyness, blurry vision, anemic, Anxiety, stress
Hi there and thanks so much for your questions. From what you are describing here it really looks these symptoms can be quite severe or nothing important and in these cases you should really act prudent and be safe and check at your local hospital that there is nothing wrong.

On a side note sometimes lack of the right nutrients can affect our balance, our sense of oneself and more. For example lack or iron can have that effect: Iron deficiency is one of the most common of the nutritional deficiencies. Iron is present in all cells in the human body, and has several vital functions. Examples include as a carrier of oxygen to the tissues from the lungs in the form of hemoglobin, as a transport medium for electrons within the cells in the form of cytochromes, and as an integral part of enzyme reactions in various tissues. Too little iron can interfere with these vital functions and lead to morbidity and death.

What is your blood pressure? Blood pressure is the force exerted by circulating blood on the walls of blood vessels. It constitutes one of the critically important signs of life or vital signs which include heart beat, breathing, and temperature.   Low blood pressure (hypotension) is pressure so low it causes symptoms or signs due to the low flow of blood through the arteries and veins. When the flow of blood is too low to deliver enough oxygen and nutrients to vital organs such as the brain, heart, and kidney, the organs do not function normally and may be temporarily or permanently damaged.

My suggestion is that if you feel those symptoms so severe they should really check not only your blood pressure but other organs. In the case that it may be a simple hormonal imbalance and lack of the right nutrients I would recommend you to follow the following exercises:

Practice Meditation: Breathe deeply for 25 times and exert making sure you focus in the breathing and feel a sense of calmness.
Walk in a straight line with your eyes  open, then with one eye closed
Raise opposite arm and leg till you do a count of twenty
then stretch your lower back and breathe
Here you can find more exercises but only do them if you feel safe and fine, I will let you know the link if you pass this previous test
How do you feel? You feel dizzy or you are fine? In the case you are fine you may have little anxiety that is triggering a shut down response from your body. I hope the symptoms get better and please ask me any questions you have

thanks so much and I hope it helps!