Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Pai

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Pai

Please could you help?
I recently had a CT angiograph and it found 'increased vascularity in the left sylvian fissure'.  I was wondering if this could explain my unusual symptoms.  I have severe pulsatile tinnitus in my left ear with pain and a feeling of fullness in that ear.  I get very strong localized headaches that seem to 'travel' around my head.  My limbs become very heavy and weak and I get dizzy.  My family have told me that it looks almost like I am having a stroke on some days. I am unable to exercise or do anything that increases my heart rate as it makes my condition worse. This condition has become disabling and frightening and I was hoping that you could shed any light on the findings of the test.
Thank you

Dear Willow6

It is difficult for us to understand exactly what they mean for "increased vascularity". You should to see a neurosurgeon in order to rule out vascular malformation. An angiogram may be required in that regards.
I could revise your CT angio free of charge if you want.

Thank you
sorry the title of my question was
So sorry about the title of my question it was supposed to be Pain.
Dear Dr Prevedello,
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my question.
I asked my consultant about an angiogram and I was told that it wasn't possible as if there was something wrong with me it would have ruptured by now. Unfortunately here in the UK they won't give patients their imaging results but thank you very much for your offer to revise the CT angio. The 'increased vascularity' comment confuses me also as from what I have read as a layperson the sylvian fissure is groove that separates parts of the brain that contains the auditory cortex and middle cerebral artery, so I am unclear as to how the fissure itself has increased vascularity.  I think I might seek a further opinion from a neurosurgeon as my condition is getting worse.
Once again thank you very much for your time

I agree Willow6. Based on the information you gave me I would like to rule out an AVM.

Thank you