Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
R/o brain tumor
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

R/o brain tumor

Hello,
I am 50 years old--female.   Today i had an unusual episode.  I was riding in the car and arrived at.home approx 5 min and did not remember the ride. Actually,  i remember being in like a dream state.  I did answer a question when asked (i was told).  I behaved appropriately but felt a little disconnected for a Short time after-not confused.  This made me very nervous so i was taken to the ER.  AN EKG was normal and  CT of the head (no contrast) was performed and read as normal.  Labs came back mostly normal except for my WBC  high end of normal 10.3,
Neuts 78% high,   lymps 14% low,   abs neuts 8.0 high,  ABS lymps 1.4 normal, ABS Monos0.7 High, Everything else in normal range.  I was very nervous.  Temp 99.9 on arrival. After relaxing decreased to 98.4.  Can WBC be off due to the anxiety?  I was released with no actual diagnosis.  I do get migraine auras(without the headaches). Could of this been a variation of a migraine?  I had a similar occurance 14 years ago with CT and EEG all normal.  Should i be concerned?  Would the CT rule out a brain tumor?  Please  advise."
1382849_tn?1337552730
Dear Sueboy,

A head ct will not rule out all kinds of brain tumor but it is a great triage imaging. If it is absolutely normal, then the chance of somebody having a brain tumor is very remote.

An MRI would give more information including very small (lacunar) strokes, which can manifest with memory-discinection episode! Please discuss that with your family doctor or neurologist.

Thanks

Blank
This Forum's Experts
1382849_tn?1337552730
Daniel M Prevedello, MDBlank
The Ohio State University Medical Center
Columbus , OH
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now