Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
can someone tell me what my husbands mri findings mean?

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Was wondering if u could tell me what these finding mean of my husbands mri...

Findings- multiplanar multissequential MR imaging of the brain was reformed without the use of intravenous contrast. there is no acute hemorrhage, hydrocephalus, mass effect nor midline shift, extra-axial fluid collection or mass. there is a focal area of T2 hypertension in the right frontal deep white matter, specific. the globes,  lenses and retrobulbar contents are normal. there is bilateral left greater than right maxillary sinus mucoperiosteal thickening with an air-fluid level in the left maxillary sinus and a right maxillary polyp/mucous retention cost. there is also some thickening in the ethmoid air cells and bilateral frontal sinuses masses. the mastoids are clear. the posterior fossa is normal without evidence of cerebellar or tonsillar ectopia. there is some minimal lobular prominence of the nasopharyngeal soft tissues. the clival, sellar, corpus callosum and calvarial signal are unremarkable.
My layman's read of this is that he has a cyst or polyp in a sinus but his brain is normal.
So does this mean  he doesn't have a brain tumor that its just sinusitis?
I am only a layman - this was a CT without contrast. There was one area that they noted - but in reading everything, all about the brain was normal. Contrast or an MRI may or may not show something differently.
CTs are better at some things - MRIs are better at soft tissue.
U think they'd schedule him 4 one with contrast?
With only the MRI report to go by and no symptoms to *guess* - his doctor is best placed to determine if he needs more imaging based on his exam and history. Any reason why they did not do with and without contrast the first time - he may have had allergy to the contrast?
His symptoms are light headedness like going 2 pass out but never has he feels sick 2 his stomach a lot has vomited plenty of times constantly tired body aches feels so bad that he swears he's gonna die been going on 4 2yrs
I see he got the MRI - it was normal to my read as well.
Nausea, dizzy etc - can be attributed to many things - from hormones to vitamin issues to ear issues to on and on - so it is great that something brain has been ruled out, he has to get more testing to figure this all out.
Dear Debbie_Davis1985

I agree with Rumpled. There is nothing abnormal in the brain. Only minor sinuses issues.

Thank you Rumpled.