Breast Cancer Community
7mm circumscribed mass

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

7mm circumscribed mass

Went for a mammography - results are 7mm circumscribed mass, left breast 12 oclock axis.  It also said the breast tissue in heterogeneously dense and no suspicious microcalcifications or areas of architectual distortion are seen in eith er breasts.  My question is can this be cancer?  Thanks for your help

A well circumscribed mass lesion with no microcalcifications or architectural distortions would be more in favour of a benign lesion.

You should follow up with your breast specialist or doctor about the possible diagnosis and further plan of management.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us about how you are doing.

Regards.
Went for a follow up mammography/sonogram. They took some additional mammography pictures and they sent me back to the waiting room.  The tech came out and said they wanted to take one more picture.  They wanted to this picture the same way as the original mammography.  After awhile she came out and said that they no longer see the 7mm circumscribed mass and that I do not have to do the sonogram. Is this possible that the mass would disappear?  What would cause it to disappear?  Thank you for answering my questions.

sam1681

This could have been an infective lesion, a breast tissue density, or an artefact and therefore does not show up in subsequent investigations.

You should relax and follow up with your doctor in case of any abnormal symptoms.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

You should carry out regular breast self examinations.

Regards.