A-typical cells on my pathology
I just received a verbal on the phone from my BS office they said the pathology reports cells benign but with A-typical cells. On wed. when I see the BS she will go over report. Believe me Im grateful that it is ok, but I have heard that A-typical cells can become cancerous is this true. any one with information with this would be appreciated.
That is great news!  I don't know about A-typical cells, but this is one hurdle you can put behind you.  One Step at a time!!  Keep up posted and have a wonderful day!

IdahoGal
I also received a diagnosis of atypical cells after a stereotactic core needle biopsy. An atypical cell is one that looks a little different than its normal shape, therefore showing that the cells are changing in some way -- but this is not necessarily associated with cancer. The cells may change in response to benign conditions like fibroadenoma, among other things.

My understanding is that approximately one-third of the time, the atypical cells are next door to certain cancers, and because of this, more tissue needs to be examined. I was advised to have a wire-guided excisional biopsy to look at a larger area of breast tissue and to rule out associated cancer, which I did with benign results. Best of luck to you, and do let us know how your appointment went! Kind regards...
Yes, they told me my atypia hyperplasia was one step or stage from cancer and for that reason I was to think about using drug ie tamoxifin to help reduce risk. However I decided not to do that, I didnt think the risk was reduced enough to warrant side effects. Hope this helps. Atypical means abnormal.