Breast Cancer Community
Arimidex
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Arimidex

Just started Arimidex and after reading about the facial hair I m getting a little freaked out.  My dr said since I am post menopausal I should not experience hot flashes night sweats facial hair growth etc.  I really did not experience any symptoms when I went through menopause  so I am wondering what is in store for me.  Did anyone try AlgiCal to help with the bone density issue?  It says that it is guarenteed to regrow bone and since the calcium comes from algi rather than limestone it won t foster kidney stones.  I have just started the Arimidex  (day 4) and when I reach for the pills I am  angry at myself for putting something in my body that I know is not good for it on the other hand I am afraid not to.. What a trade off.  Any helpful hints  would be appreciated,

This discussion is related to Necessity of radiation and further chemotherapy.
1 Comment
Blank
25201_tn?1255584436
I don't think I would feel that way about a drug that is known to lessen the chance of cancer recurrence. You always need to weigh the benefits against the side effects BUT you should wait until you are experiencing the side effects. Not everyone will experience the same side effects or to the same degree. If you have doubts about any of your treatment you need to discuss this in detail with your Oncology Team as they can certainly inform you about all the pros and cons as the drug relates to your particular situation. As far as the AlgiCal, I don't have any information about that for you. I would advise you to discuss ANY and ALL drugs/suppliments with your Oncologist before taking them while you are receiving any form of treatment. Regards ....
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
14 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank