Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia in Papilloma
Hi, I had a lumpectomy on the 4th of June . Histology has confirmed atypical ductal hyperplasia within an intraduct papilloma. I have been told this has been excised with clear margins but do not know what the margins were. The doctors do not seem concerned and I really had to push for another mammogram (last one was September 09), I am now scheduled for next mammo this coming Sept. I have a couple of questions id anyone can help me, will the scar from the lumpectomy mask any future recurrence? will the mammo hurt more due to the scar? I am still getting considerable discomfort this does not seem to be from the scar but is similar to the discomfort I was experiencing before the lumpectomy (sort of burning) is this normal? And what are my risks for this returning.
Thanks so much to anyone that can help, I just keep churning this all over and the hospital seem to give the impression theres nothing to be concerned about.
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us