Breast Cancer Community
Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia in Papilloma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Hi, I had a lumpectomy on the 4th of June . Histology has confirmed atypical ductal hyperplasia within an intraduct papilloma. I have been told this has been excised with clear margins but do not know what the margins were. The doctors do not seem concerned and I really had to push for another mammogram (last one was September 09), I am now scheduled for next mammo this coming Sept. I have a couple of questions id anyone can help me, will the scar from the lumpectomy mask any future recurrence? will the mammo hurt more due to the scar? I am still getting considerable discomfort this does not seem to be from the scar but is similar to the discomfort I was experiencing before the lumpectomy (sort of burning) is this normal? And what are my risks for this returning.
Thanks so much to anyone that can help, I just keep churning this all over and the hospital seem to give the impression theres nothing to be concerned about.
Nell