BIRAD 4
just a question on why is it necessary to do a biopsy if a category 4 does not have the characteristics of being malignant.  How can a radiologist not tell whether a nodular is benign or malignant?  I go to the breast specialist on Monday, am 27. Live in GA all by myself and am just unsure of everything.  What is the best biopsy? i want the entire lump removed, can i suggest that to the doctor?
A biopsy is required for the definitive diagnosis to leave no space for any doubt. Some opacities are difficult to be classified distinctly as malignant or benign by the radiological characteristics. You should discuss all the options in detail with your specialist. Also you could ask him whether yo could go for a surgical excision biopsy which will remove the whole abnormal tissue and also can be used to get to a definite diagnosis and plan further management. Goodluck.