Breast Cancer Community
Black Spot on Breast Ultrasound

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Black Spot on Breast Ultrasound

I went for a mammogram two weeks ago and I was called again for an ultrasound today.  They said it was just a routine follow up.  While she was doing the ultrasound I can see how she was taking measurements of a round circle penny size, height and width.  When I asked what was that she said she didn't know how to read that just taking the scan.  I am freaking out! Is that a cyst? or what? I asked how long before I got the results back and she said if anything was wrong I will be notified my mail!
Is this normal?  I am freaking out!
Only the radiologist can tell if the u/s "spot" is benign-looking or not.  My radiologist called me in and discussed his findings with me but from what I'm reading on these forums, I think that is unusual.  I know that it's really scary waiting and you still may not have a good definitive answer with the u/s.  
Both times I was given results within 5 days but it was a LONG time to wait.  Do something that you really enjoy over the next week to take your mind off the waiting.  Intense exercise works off some of the tension.  I took some really long walks, which was not easy in the summer heat but they did help some.
I think just about everyone on these forums would agree that waiting on tests is the probably the most difficult part, especially if you already suspect a problem.  God Bless.
I would call my doctor and ask for answers. You must have had a tech to do the ultrasound instead of a radiologist who could have answered your questions. Doctors can tell if they are solid or fuild filled. White is usually fuild and black is sometime cancers and dense tissue. Try to stay calm. Ask about doing a biopsy on the area. Demand answers.
ive got this weird black spot between my chest to breast. im freaking out. the worst part is that i get this bizzare pain, its like, a weird pinch. i am regular smoker and ive been smoking for 4 years.
do you reckon, ive got cancer|?
You will be more likely to get replies if you start your own new thread by posting your question.  

People often overlook  questions when they are it tacked onto the end of an old thread, because they assume they are  just additional replies to the original question.

Best wishes...