Breast US
Hi, I am a 27 yo female who discovered a breast mass on self breast exam. On ultrasound finding showed "multiple hypo echoic solid modules, no speculated mass or abnormal showing is identified." I am curious you would recommend a repeat ultrasound in 6 months, a fine needle aspiration, or biopsy. I have no FHx of breast CA. To complicate things, I am graduating this May and my student insurance will be ending in July. I will be looking for a job, but unsure when, where, or how insurance changes will go.
The majority of breast tumors detected by mammography or ultrasound are non-cancerous.These lumps detected on Ultrasound,could very well be Fibroadenomas, which are benign solid breast tumors that may appear at any age,but they are more common in women in their twenties and thirties.These benign lumps,are not related to breast cancer and are known to increase in size and tenderness in relation to the menstrual cycles due to hormonal changes.From what I gather,the lump/s in your breast are not alarming since they don't show any abnormalities.If they were suspicious,a biopsy would have certainly been recommended.
We really cannot advise you on what needs to be done next,only your radiologist can make these recommendations,depending on what he/she deems appropriate in your particular situation.If you have any doubts,of course you could always seek a second opinion from another radiologist.
If you have no insurance, talk to your doctor to see if there is some way you can be treated and pay your bill on time.Also you could call your local hospital and ask to speak to a social worker,who would know about the availability of free or low-cost cancer screening in your community. I hope this helps.
Wishing you all the best..