Breast Cancer Community
Brest Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Brest Cancer

I had a biopsy I'n dec and my doctor said it was it looked like cancer and they thought it was but the results said fibromatosis but when i seen the doctor after surgery he said the tumor has been sent off which still could be cancer ???how come when they have told me the biopsy  was benign
1 Comment
From your post I gather that you had both a biopsy and also had the tumor removed .... if this is correct then specimens are often sent to different Pathology Labs for more intensive studies. Perhaps the biopsy sampled a section of the tumor that may not have shown cancerous cells. You will know for certain after the results come from the Path. Lab where the tumor was sent.  Regards ....