Breast Cancer Community
CAN I POSSIBLY BE 19 WITH BREAST CANCER?!! HELP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

OKAY IM ONLY 19 YEARS OLD AND I'VE HAD THIS LUMP IN MY CHEST SINCE FOR EVER ITS VERY SMALL (LEFT BREATS) BUT THEN THIS YEAR I'VE DISCOVERED ANOTHER ONE IN MY RIGHT BREAST. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE OBGYN ON THE 30TH BECAUSE I' VE RECENTLY FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT SO IM GONNA GET THAT CHECKED OUT ASWELL. AND A BIT OF INFO I'VE HAD THE LUMP BEFORE I GOT PREGNANT SO IS IT COMMON TO BE SO YOUNG WITH BREAST CANCER. AND I HAVE NO HISTORY IN MY FAMILY WHAT SO EVER?!
I'm glad you are seeing your Dr soon BUT .... if you've had this lump "since forever" why are you worried about it now?   In the future I would advise you to have anything ck.d out that is new or different in the breast. I doubt your lump is serious but there is no way to know that and you could be risking your life with an attitude like that.  I also hope that you will treat your pregnancy more seriously.      Regards ...
I do think you could give vell1823 a break.  She is only 19 years old.  Probably worried when she found another lump in the other breast.  
I WAS LOOKING FOR ADVICE NOT NASTY COMMENTS!
You got the best advice that anyone could give you. PLEASE don't ever ignore something like this again .... it's such an important thing in taking care of yourself as well as the new life that you are carrying.  Take care of "both" of you.
WELL I DIDNT ACTUALLY IGNORE IT MY DOCTOR SAID I HAVE LUMPY BREAST BECAUSE IM YOUNG AND IM NOT FULLY DEVELOPED SO I JUST TOOK IT AS THAT BUT THIS YEAR RECENTLY I FOUND ANOTHER IN THE OTHER BREAST THAT WAS NEVER THERE. SO WHAT IM ASKING IS HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF SOMEONE HAVING BREAST CANCER SO YOUNG WITH NO HISTORY OF IT?!
I'm sure somewhere there is a 19 year old who has been diagnosed with breast cancer although it would certainly be rare. These lumps are more than likely Fibroadenomas which are benign breast tumors and do occur in women of your age and even younger. When you saw your Dr. about the first lump I would hope that he recommended that an Ultrasound be done. This way you would have known exactly what these lumps are ..... these lumps are rather common and new ones can occur at any time. If they cause you no discomfort they are often just left alone. If however they become very large or cause you pain then they can be removed surgically. They may recur though. You might want to see a Breast Specialist for an examination and ultrasound so you can have some definite answers .... you don't need to be worrying about something that is a benign condition. Just speak up (like you did to me in an earlier post) and tell the Dr. you want/need a better answer then just lumpy breasts. You should definitely have some sort of investigation regarding this new lump. Although family history is said to increase you risk, it doesn't account for most cases of breast cancer. So get yourself some answers so you can stop worrying, OK ???    Take care .....
THANX I WENT TO MY DOCTOR TODAY FOUND OUT IM 10 WEEKS AND 3DAYS PREGNANT BUT ITS JUST AND ESTIMATE WONT KNOW FOR SURE UNTIL I GET MY ULTRA SOUND. AND MY BREAST IM HAVING ULTRA SOUNDS DONE ON THEM TOO. SO IDK IM EXCITED ABOUT MY PREGNANCY AND PRAYING HAS LEAD ME TO NOT BE SO WORRIED ABOUT MY BREAST AND NO THIS LUMP GIVES ME NO PAIN AT ALL. MY DOCTOR SAYS IT COULD BE A CYST (I DONT KNOW HOW TO SPELLL THAT SRY) BUT WE'LL DO AN ULTRA SOUND TO BE SURE SHE SEEMED SURPRISED THAT IT GIVES ABSOULUTELY NO PAIN AND I CANT EVEN FEEL HER TOUCHING IT..............WISH ME THE BEST.

AND THANX JAPDIP!
Great news.... Congratulations on everything .... baby and breasts both. Your Dr. is right .... it could very well be a cyst and they are just bothersome just like the Fibroadenomas. I do wish you the best; that's why I was so concerned about you and fussed at you a little. You're definitely on the right track so keep up the good work.     Kindest regards ....