Breast Cancer Community
Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Cancer

I had quimo 2 year ago for ov cancer 1c  all my test is doing well,I had my mammogram las July last week I weni to my doc and she press my boob and discharge a something like a milk i never notes that happen ,first week in January I need to come back to the dc.My big question is can be a cancer ,the other thing is I'm in my menopause
And I'm 45 and I have 3 year old kid and he was bread feeding 2 year ago.Help me please ,I'm a litle scare .

Nipple discharge is normal and very common when the breasts are squeezed and it's rarely a sign of breast cancer.Some women who are going through menopause are sometimes prone to nipple discharge,and also if they are on some type of medication.
Take care to avoid nipple stimulation( including frequent checks for discharge) because it can actually make the discharge persist.
I don't think you should worry about it,unless the discharge is bloody,persistent,comes out without squeezing the nipple and is associated with a lump, nipple or skin changes etc...
Take care...
I would be cautious.  Follow-up with your doctor and seek medical attention earlier if you notice any changes.

When I had a bloody nipple discharge I found the information on the website:womentowomen.com useful.  From memory I typed in the type of discharge I was experiencing and it came up with a table of what different coloured discharges represented.

If you continue to have concerns you should raise them with your doctor.