Breast Cancer Community
Could scar tissue show up on ultrasound?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could scar tissue show up on ultrasound?

Quick background.  I have had two steorotypic biopsies.  Both came back benign, although the second one showed Atypia.   Had surgery last year to remove abnormal cells and currently taking Tamoxifen.  Today went in for a nine month follow-up mammogran and mri.  Radiologist saw something on the mammogram and than ordered an ultrasound.  While the technician was performing the ultrasound, she remarked about seeing something and wanted to know if I opted not to have it removed.  Needless to say, she put me in a panic.  Could it have been scar tissue that she was referring to?
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
492898_tn?1222247198
The radiologist will know the difference between scar tissue and something malignant, at least he should. Katrin
Blank
Thanks for replying, I appreciate it!
Blank
I just turned 51.  When I was around 10 I had been biten by a horse in my right breast.  My family doctor was always aware of the feel of it in my breast as I grew up.  I just had my first mamograhm this week and did mention it to the radiologist who did the mamograghm.  Anyway today got a call they want me to go back because she said they did see something and just want to make sure it is scar tissue.  She said as they have no other film to compare it to.  She said the radiologist will look at it right away and if they are still not sure I'd have an ultrasound.  Can scar tissue apprear like breast cancer?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...
Mar 26 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank