DCIS level 2 E+
I have had lumpectomy and radiation for DCIS level 2 Estrogen positive.  Now oncology suggests Tamoxafin daily for  5 years.  Doesnt this seem excessive when DCIS is Level 0 and most consider it "Pre Cancer"?  I am concerned about starting Tamoxafin unnecessarily.
Anytime the finding is ER positive it is best to do the hormone therapy following the other treatment. Evidently you didn't think that Radiation was excessive so I don't quite understand why you would be objecting to the hormone therapy. This therapy decreases the risk of recurrence by a great deal and is always advised as part of the treatment program. DCIS is a non-invasive form of Breast Cancer ... it starts and is confined to the tubes/milk ducts within the breast. It is treated the same as any other type of Breast Cancer. Regards ....