Focal Atypical Intraductal Hyperplasia.
Could I have some informaion on this? I'm about to have my second biopsy..my Pathology test states...I have Focal Atypical intraductal Hyperplasia..which increase my chances to get breast cancer so they have to be sure that this isn't....  results state:
...breast tissue with cysts with Microcalcifications..these calcifications corresspond to those seen on mamagram. Lobules with flat Epithelial atypical..Pseudoangiomatous,Fibroadenoma, microscopic. whatever that all means?

Atypical ductal hyperplasia is not cancer nor is it a pre-cancerous lesion. But it does mean that the individual is predisposed to increased risk of cancer.

For you to understand it - this means that there is an area (focal) from the duct of the breast (ductal) of an increased number of cells than usual (hyperplasia) that look different than normal breast tissue (atypical).

You should follow up with your doctor about the further management plan in your case.

Let us know if you have any other doubts and post us about how you are doing.

Regards.
Thank You for your comments