Breast Cancer Community
Gland in Breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Gland in Breast

my wife has a gland in her right breast, there is not previous history in his family for the same problem.
kindly guide how to cure this
ZAKI
Karachi
***@****
All women have glands in their breasts. Please describe how it was found, how big it seems to be, where on the breast it is located, what the skin around it looks like. She would need to be seen by her doc asap for a mammogram and ultrasound. She may need a fine needle biopsy. This is not something to delay or think about, she needs to made an appointment now. When she knows something, we can talk. I am a 3yr BC survivor, bilat. mast with reconstruction, no chemo, no rads, oral chemo for 5 years from surgery in 2007.
Get back to me when she has seen her doc....I can be very helpful if she is diagnosed with BC. It is a totally survivable disease, even in late stage, and there is tons of information and support available.
Let me know....
Glands in the breast or lymph nodes can swell (or dilate) for a variety of reasons,mostly are benign in nature and could be an indication of an infection or inflammation somewhere in the body.The cause of the swelling would determine the treatment options.Testings such as mammograms,ultrasounds and perhaps a biopsy, if recommended by her doctor, can help differentiate a benign problem from a serious one.
Your doctor will be best able to explain to you and to your wife the results of all the tests that have been done and the proper course(s) of action.
Best wishes...
Let me know....