Growing lump in breast
I have a lump in my breast. I had it biopsied about three months ago and it came back as stromal fibrosis. The lump started growing a month ago from 2 cm to the size of a lemon. It's not painful. I saw a surgeon yesterday and she said it feels like normal breast tissue. She said removing it would leave me disfigured because the lump is bigger than my breast. I could tell she had no idea what the lump was, but instead of saying that she said not to worry about it. She finally agreed to schedule an MRI. My breast has grown 2 full cup sizes since I noticed the lump growing. Any idea what this could be?
Since the lump has previously been biopsied and diagnosed I would imagine that it is a Fibroadenoma .... they do grow and sometimes fairly rapidly. If only the lump is removed I see no reason that you would be disfigured since very little breast tissue would also be removed. I don't know what type of Dr. you are seeing but I would suggest that you consult a Breast Surgeon regarding this current problem. Be sure to take all your previous films and reports with you.   Regards ....