Breast Cancer Community
Growing tumor not cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Growing tumor not cancer

There is a tumor in my breast the size of a lemon. It is not cancer but continues to grow. It is hard and movable and getting to be uncomfortable. What could this be???Has anyone experienced this??
I am surprised your doctor did not tell you what this "benign" tumor could be.
Experienced radiologists are quite able to identify typically benign breast lumps,but not with a 100% certainty. I am sure you know already that no other test can tell for sure if a breast lump may contain abnormal or cancerous cells.ONLY a biopsy can provide an accurate diagnosis after the tissue has been examined by a pathologist.This could be a fibroadenoma or a phyllodes tumor and both tend to enlarge considerably and cause discomfort.If this happens, they should be surgically removed.
You should definitely consult a breast Surgeon/Specialist and see what he/she advises you.
Take care...

P.S. I just noticed that you have posted before and our Community Leader Japdip has given you excellent advice,concerning your breast problem...
We would appreciate if you do not start a new thread if you have any additional questions or comments.It would be better if you keep them on the same thread because it helps us to have all your information together so we can better help you.
Thank you.
Thank you. This is the best information I have gotten. I do think this is where we are headed. Because it has no defined borders, it was not easy to diagnose. Thank you so much.
To get a biopsy one must get a mammogram first. The radiation is what I wanted to avoid but it does not seem possible. An ultrasound is not sufficient.To save your life you have to put it in jeprody first. I am going to a surgeon but not until Feb 11. That was the soonest I could see one. Every day it feels worst. I am so scared , I will probably  lose my entire breast. You need not answer me but it helps to express myself. Thank you.
You are thinking WAY too far ahead when you speak of losing your entire breast. This finding may well be nothing but a Fibroadenoma which is harmless and can be either removed or left alone. I think you are stressing yourself out by thinking of nothing except something that hasn't even been diagnosed as yet. You put your life in jeopardy every day in regards to the amount of radiation you would be exposed to by having a Mammogram. Be sure that your previous studies are available to the Surgeon when you have your appnt. NOT just the reports but the actual films.  Regards ..