Inverted Nipples
My girlfriend is only 19 and she used to have breast pain during the past few years and last week her left breast nipples got inverted after a short period of stimulation and I am really worried about it, I have searched all over internet and it all leads to breast cancer, there are no other symptoms like leaking, lumps or skin rashes, but it was itchy the next day and not after that, due to our remote location we are unable to get any medical help or tests done within any short period of time, the hospital here has no specialists and there is only a gynecologist who gave Calamine and Aspirin for her, he has referred to go to an Oncologist which we dont have here. Any suggestions that it could be cancer for real? Would very much appreciate your earliest reply.
I would doubt cancer at her age .... inverted nipples occur due to something in the tissue beneath the nipple that is pulling the nipple inward. This doesn't necessarily mean that the problem is cancer .... it could be any number of things. Some women have inverted nipples for years for no apparant cause. If there is an itching problem then it is probably some type of skin irritation since the skin on the breast is the same as skin on any other part of the body. Breast pain or discomfort can also be due to many causes and isn't associated with Breast Cancer. It usually has something to do with the hormone levels in the body. I would suggest that she take her Dr.s advice and give this problem some time .... it may go away on it's own.   Regards ....
Ask for and MRI. Does breast cancer run in her family?
Thank you so much for your time and I feel so much relieved to hear that, its just that I did not have much information on such things, it looks a bit okay now but she has got itching to her right breast now and but as you said we have decided to give it some time and just see what happens, if there is no change I am planning to fly as soon as she can have a leave from work. Thanks again for your help.

@Ma111: no she does not have any relatives with such a prob and as far as her family goes there is no such case.