Breast Cancer Community
Is stinging sensation common in breast cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

For the last few years I've had a stinging sensation in my left breast, no one had any idea what it might be.  Had a mam. within the last 6 months which came back normal.   Today my doctor found a lump in the left breast that she is sending me to have an ultra sound on.   Is stinging............sharp and quick stinging............something that goes with any certain type of breast cancer?   Ten years ago they thought they saw something and I had an ultrasound on the same breast...........was told it was two small cysts.   This lump is not small.   Doctor found it immediately.
1 Comment
Breast cancer is not usually related to any type of pain or stinging sensations. Breast cysts or Fibroadenomas however do cause discomfort or pain. Both of these are benign findings but can be treated in some manner. The Ultrasound will most likely determine the nature of this new lump but if there is any coubt then a biopsy may be required. Both cysts and Fibroadenomas are fairly common.   Regards ...