Breast Cancer Community
Itching and spots

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Itching and spots

I'm 18 years old and for about 3 months now my right breast has been itching then one day I woke up and noticed that my left beast randomly a little pinkish/reddish dot but its within the skin not like a pimple or anything. Should I be worried?
Since it's been over 3 months that you have this problem,I think you should consult your doctor or a dermatologist for a correct diagnosis.
I don't think that you should be worrying about breast cancer at your young age.... Itching could be a symptom of dry skin, irritation, an allergy, and plenty of other problems including ecxema and fungal infection that aren't dangerous but should be treated with proper medication..
For the time being,you could apply calamine lotion over the itchy area, until you see the doctor.
Take care...
I agree, because you're young it's much more likely a skin issue. I recently saw my dr after 3 weeks of horrible itchy nipples and 3 days of a cream they're normal again. It makes a world of difference! Skin discoloration is still important to look out for, but right now you're probably just missing the boat on a quick and painless treatment. Talk to your dr about it as you may need a prescription lotion.

Also I've had eczema all my life which has included allergic rashes on my breasts. Some things that have helped in the past are a thick natural cocoa butter lotion and hydrocortizone (talk to a pharmacist first though). My friend swears by nipple ointment for breast feeding mothers, but I hated the texture. So if you land an appointment far away don't be afraid to talk to the pharmacist and ask about what might help.

Good luck.