Breast Cancer Community
Itchy red splotch over mole on right breast?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Okay, so, I've had this mole right on the side of my right breast for about 3 or months, and I haven't really paid it any mind until earlier when I looked in the mirror and noticed a small, red splotch resembling almost a poison ivy-ish patch originating from the side of the mole and spreading out about a 1/2 inch further. It only started itching recently. Is this a concern, and can someone tell me what it might possibly be?
I  doubt that this has anything to do with breast cancer.The skin of your breast is the same as the skin on any part of your body, where all sorts of abnormalities can occur.
Moles are benign tumors of the skin.You should be concerned if you see that the mole keeps growing and you experience pain and itching, local inflammation or bleeding.
Unfortunately nobody can give you a correct answer to your question, until you see a Dermatologist to know exactly what this growth represents.If it's an inflamed mole,the doctor may choose to remove it so that it can be sent for pathology.
Take care..
Thank you very much. I didn't figure it was anything too serious, but just thought I'd see. Again, thank you. :)