Breast Cancer Community
Large ball or lump directly under left nipple. Is this Breast Cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

I am 17, Male, and recently i have had a large bump under my left nipple. If i push down against my pec i can get my fingers under it and its about the size of a small marble. It is very sensitive and hurts a lot, even when i just lay down on it. I have been diagnose with ITP in the past, which is a blood disorder where i have very low level of platelets. My medication for this was a large amount of prednizone which is a steroid. I have had to take this drug quite a bit. Also, i do smoke marijuana but not a lot. Barely at all. I just thought i'd tell you everything. Is this bump cancer related? i thought it may be due to hormones but its only one nipple. I plan to see a doc, but i'd like some insight as well. help please?
1 Comment
At your age I doubt any relation to breast cancer. The thought about a hormonal connection is most likely correct in this case. I do think you would be wise to ck. with your Dr. for an examination and opinion regarding the lump and in the meantime I wouldn't do much in the way of poking and prodding as this may well only serve to irritate. It's never common to have these lumps on both sides so that isn't an indicator of anything specific.    Regards ...