Liver enzymes and breast cancer
I have stage 1-2 breast cancer that is hormone receptive. I also have diabetes and take glucanorm (***@**** per) and I take 65 ml of insulin on top of that a day.I also take celebrex, an 81 ml aspirin, effexor, vitamin d, and two antihistamines a day, as well as zoldorf to put me into menopause.  I have not been able to get my diabetes under 14. for a while now. My doctor called today and said my results had come back from blood tests I had over the weekend and that my enzymes were a little high. She has said that it could be a few things, tamoxifin,  celebrex, the glucanorm, alcohol, but I don't drink and this is the third time this has happened. I'm starting to get a bit worried. What's your take on all this? Suz78
Hi there.

I understand your concern.  These elevations in your liver enzymes may indeed be due to the combination of several causes most notably due to the numerous drugs that you are receiving.  However, bearing in mind that you had breast cancer, it will also be prudent to at least do one imaging study of the liver such as an ultrasound study just to make sure that it is not something related to your cancer (such as liver mets).  I suggest you discuss this option with your doctor, and continue monitoring your enzymes.

Regards and God bless.