Breast Cancer Community
Major Signs of Breast Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Major Signs of Breast Cancer

What are the major signs of breast cancer?
The first sign or symptom of breast cancer for many women is usually a lump in their breast ..Other signs could include
a swelling of part of the breast.
skin irritation or dimpling.
nipple pain or the nipple turning inward.
redness or scaliness of the nipple or breast skin.
a nipple discharge other than breast milk,especially if it's spontaneous ( comes out without squeezing the nipple)
These signs and symptoms do NOT necessarily mean that it's breast cancer but you should tell your doctor right away about any lump in the breast or underarm area and any changes in the skin of the breast, nipple, or areola (the area around the nipple).
In the early stages of breast cancer, you may not feel any pain and there may be no symptoms at all as it happened in my case.I found out about the small tumor when I had my Mammogram.
Best wishes...
My symptoms of breast cancer were:

I kept pulling at my bra on the side where I had cancer because it didn't seem to fit and I went from being active to being very tired or in easy terms, a couch potato.

You couldn't see it, you couldn't feel it. But it was there.

Best wishes.
My symptom was a huge mass I could feel and it was very uncomfortable. You could even see it through my clothes. It was just ugly. And like Sue , my bra was fitting wierd.
Thanks for updating. I will have a mamo done asap to determine my breast pain and under armpit pain, shoulder and arm pain after aspiration 3 months back.My rib cage under my left arm near my breast is painful. Its very scary.