Mole on introverted nipple since childhood
Hi, I've always had a large mole on my left nipple ever since I was a child but it has never bugged me because, hey, no one could see them. Now I'm 17 and having become more self conscious I realize not only do I have this mole, but also my left nipple appears introverted, while my right appears normal. I do have a fair amount of breast cancer history in my family. Are these two irregularities related and is there anything I should be worried about?
Thank you for your time!
If this mole has been there since childhood, I strongly doubt that it has anything to do with breast cancer.The skin of your breast is the same as the skin on any part of your body, where all sorts of abnormalities can occur.
Moles are benign tumors of the skin.You should be concerned if you see that the mole keeps growing and you experience pain and itching, local inflammation or bleeding.
Like you,I am not sure if the mole and the inverted nipple are related..Sometimes by using finger pressure around the aureola, the nipple can be drawn out. However,if you are really concerned about your breast health,I would advise you to visit your doctor to examine you and also to consult a dermatologist to see if the mole could be removed for cosmetics reasons..
Take care...