Breast Cancer Community
My nipples are peeling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

My nipples are peeling

Hi I'm 17 years old and recently i have noticed that my nipples have been cracked and peeling. I peel the skin off and it burns and i cant touch them at all. Im not sure that this is cancer because of my age but i would really like to know what to do because i get regular periods am not sexually active and am not on birth control. Could someone help me?

This discussion is related to Nipple Skin Peeling.
I don't think it has anything to do with cancer either ... most likely some type of skin problem. You might ck. with your personal Physician OR even a Dermatologist for a solution. Regards......
Your nipples could be aggravated by exposure to irritants including , soap, detergents,lotions and maybe also wearing a new bras which could be irritating your skin.A visit to a dermatologist would be a good idea to find out if this is an allergic reaction or some sort of skin problem that needs to be treated .
It is very difficult to give you a precise answer concerning your problem,but in my opinion this is not a sign of breast cancer particularly because it's happening on both your nipples. For exact diagnosis,I would urge you to consult your doctor/dermatologist.  
Take care and God Bless..

Thanks guys, I figured it wasn't super serious and i plan to go back for my regular derm check up to figure this wierd thing out. I really appreciate your help :)
the same exact thin is happening to me but on only one breast. It was not too bad at first; just itchy, but now its getting bad, more like a open wound. idk if i should see a doctor :(
You would more likely get a reply, if you ask your question in your own new post.
When you add your queries on a previous post,people will most likely overlook it,assuming you are just adding another comment to the original poster.

As for the question you've asked.YES you should see your doctor/dermatologist asap.

PS..To start your own thread,if you have more questions, just use the box on the right side of this page.
Thank you.
Yeah, I think anything like that is a dr needed thing...however to ease it you could try nipple cream for nursing mothers (lanolin). It works for cracked nipples in that situation...